7th Annual Scholarship Gala
On Behalf of
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Tau Tau Chapter
Application Available: August 6, 2018
Application Deadline: September 25, 2018
Application Processing: September 26, 2018
Award Notification: October 6, 2018
Enrollment Verification: Fall 2019
Award Disbursement: Fall 2019
Essay Theme: “Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance, Uplift: It’s What We Do”
In 2013, the Omega Educational Foundation Scholarship Award was established by the Omega Educational Foundation to recognize high achieving students that displayed leadership qualities and scholastic excellence. The scholarship was designed to assist African-American Males in the Greater Los Angeles Area that are High School Seniors who plan on furthering their education during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Scholarships: Up to $25,000 in scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors. Open to the general public in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident or eligible non-U.S. Citizen (must show roof).
- Must have a permanent address and attended a high school in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Must be enrolled as a High School Senior in the fall of the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Must have two letters of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselors, principal or community leader.
- Must submit a one-page essay – double space, no less than 12pt font not to exceed 500 words. Essay Theme: “ Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance, Uplift: It’s What We Do”. In your essay describe “who you are” and how those characteristics will assist
- you with navigating the rigors of college, in a positively manner.
- Must provide the student’s official transcripts from freshman to junior year in high school. Transcripts signed by Counselor/Administrator.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older as of October 20, 2018.
- Must provide Proof of Enrollment full-time from the Registrar’s office of the scholarship recipient’s prospective college, university, or technical institution for 2019-2020 academic year.
- Must provide a recent Passport photograph.
Contact: Rodney Jones (951) 990-9910 or email@example.com if you have any questions. Please mail the completed Application with all requested information to: Omega Educational Foundation Scholarship Award, P.O. Box 91302, Los Angeles, California 90009.
(click link below for application)