OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC.
(Please read carefully)
- It shall be policy that hazing will not be tolerated, condoned nor endorsed as explicitly stated in the following;
- The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. embraces the principles contained in the Statement of Position on Hazing as promulgated by the Fraternity Executives Association (see statement below). However, for its own intent and purposes, the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. espouses the following as its official Statement of Position on Hazing; to wit:
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. has a zero-tolerance policy that strictly prohibits and expressly denounces the practice of hazing in any form before, during and after the Membership Intake Process. pre-initiation activities for any of its chapters or by any of its members against any person seeking admission to the organization. The policy expressly prohibits all acts and forms of hazing, before, during and after the Membership Intake Process. ‘Hazing’ is defined as any reckless or intentional action taken or any situation created which produces mental or physical discomfort, embarrassment, harassment or ridicule. Such activities and situations include, but are not limited to paddling in any form; creation of excessive fatigue; creating or inflicting physical and/or psychological shocks; conducting quests, treasure hunts, scavenger hunts, road trips or any other such activities carried on outside the confines of a house/domicile; public wearing of any apparel or paraphernalia which is conspicuous, not normally in good taste or otherwise banned; engaging in public stunts and buffoonery; morally degrading or humiliating an individual(s) through words or deeds; conducting late (after established hours) sessions which interfere with or prohibit the pursuit of scholastic attainment or productive work; and the conduct of any activities, express or implied, which are not consistent with the Cardinal Principles espoused by the Fraternity or academic missions of the colleges or universities where chapters of the Fraternity may exist. The express or implied consent of a person to any such actions shall not be considered as an exception to this policy and is not defensible as a violation thereof.
- Member is liable for all damages/costs incurred for any claims arising from acts of hazing. Grand Counselor will pursue this.
- Any individual interested in membership or seeking membership who allows himself to be hazed will be banned indefinitely from membership in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.